When life (or your co-worker) hands you apples, make apple blondies!
My co-worker picked a pile of these fabulous fresh apples for me and I couldn’t figure out what to do with them. I was looking for something sweet but also a little different, so when a pinterest search brought me to this fabulous recipe from Nums The Word I was sold.
I’m a huge fan of blondies – they are usually fluffier/fudgier textured than a true “bar” and generally super easy to make. Light a pumpkin candle while making these and you will check all of the fall boxes 😉
Recipe by Nums the Word
– 3/4 cup butter, melted
– 1 1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
– 1 1/2 Cup white sugar
– 3 eggs
– 3 tsp vanilla extract
– 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
– 3/4 tsp salt
– 3 tsp baking powder
– 3 Cups flour
– 3 Cups chopped apples (peeled, tart apples work best)
– Topping: 1 Tbl white sugar & 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
– Prehead oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 inch pan with cooking spray
– Mix the butter, brown sugar, and 1 1/2 cup white sugar in a large bowl
– Add the eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder (mix well)
– Mix in the flour – not the batter will be thick, that’s OK!
– Add apples and mix well (batter should begin to thin-out)
– Spread evenly in a pan and sprinkle remaining sugar / cinnamon on top
– Bake 45 minutes or until cooked, let cool and enjoy!