Now I know this title is bold, but there is some research to back this claim. Way back when my friend asked me to make a cake for her. Some back-story on said cake: her dad had tried a bunch of different chocolate cakes in an effort to find the BEST one, and behold this amazing Bundt cake recipe!
I used to think Bundt cakes were weird old-people cakes that lacked the best part: frosting, but my first white chocolate raspberr bundtini from Nothing Bundt Cakes and this recipe proved me wrong! They are extremely moist (sorry for those who hate that word) and don’t need to disguise themselves in frosting because they are just that good!
It is my mom’s birthday this weekend and she likes chocolate cake, so with some creative gmail searching I found this gem from old e-mails!
Thanks to Emily and Lee for sharing with me 🙂
Now quick to make the cake before I have to head to work – and note I had the cutest little helper this morning, all dressed in her Gopher Football sweatsuit in honor of homecoming weekend 😉
Chocolate Bundt Cake
– 3 Eggs
– 8 oz. sour cream
– 8 oz. heavy whipping cream
– 1/2 bag mini chocolate chips
– 1 large package Jello pudding mix (not the instant, cook and serve)
– 1/3 cup butter flavored Crisco, melted; plus additional to grease the pan
– 1/2 tsp almond extract (optional, gives cherry-like flavoring)
– 1 Box fudge cake mix
– powdered sugar to sprinkle on top
– Preheat oven to 325 degrees
– Grease a bundt cake pan with crisco until fully covered
– Melt the 1/3 cup Crisco and put into a large bowl
– combine all remaining ingredients except the powdered sugar
– pour into greased bundt cake pan and spread until even, then bake for 55 – 60 min.
– Let the cake cool at least 30 minutes, then remove from the pan and sprinkle top with powdered sugar (if you sprinkle too early the powdered sugar will melt and it won’t look as fancy)
One thought on “Best Chocolate Cake in All the Land”