As you have read through this blog, I love to host and get super jacked about little details, but my family takes the cake when it comes to throwing a party!
This past weekend my sister, with the help of my mom/aunts, hosted a woodland themed baby shower for baby Fox and it was absolutely amazing. The food details, decor, etc – UGH if Kristen weren’t such a boss lady during her day job I’d recommend she quit and take-up party planning full-time!
Let’s start with the food:
They used wood serving platters to bring-in the theme along with some accent foods:
- “Birch” Sticks (white chocolate covered pretzels drizzled with chocolate
- “Acorns” (oreo balls dipped in chocolate with sprinkles/pretzels)
- Fox Cookies (sugar cookies decorated like little foxes)
- “Succulents” (mini dirt cakes with a plastic succulent)
- “Mushrooms” (1/2 of a cherry tomato on top of a mozzarella cheese stick with pesto)
Additionally they served chicken salad sandwiches, turkey/cucumber croissants, cheese/crackers, fruit kabobs, and bacon cheese balls. Needles to say we did NOT go hungry!
The theme was executed in a cute, whimsical way so it wasn’t overkill but all tied together. Kristen did a nice job of incorporating practical items that can be used in the nursery and worn by baby as well!
- “Stay Clever Little Fox” sign: She used a wood cut-out with a cute sign on the front for baby’s nursery, and shower guests signed the back so baby and I can look back on who attended!
- Iron-on decals: guests could make their own onesie or bib for baby Fox by ironing-on cute woodland decals
- Late night diaper thoughts: This game is the best because it is practical and fun! Guests write fun sayings on diapers to help get through long nights of diaper changes 🙂
- Trail Mix Party Favor: The party favor was a bag of trail mix for guests to “fuel their next adventure”
- Guess the Nursery Rhyme: As an interactive game, everyone received a sheet with different nursery characters and had to guess the name of the rhyme
- Daddy Knows Best: My cousin and her boyfriend coordinated with my husband and interviewed him on a few baby related topics over video and guests had to guess what he would say. It was so special to have my husband involved and to be able to hear his thoughts on the pregnancy/baby! Here is the video 🙂
Baby Fox are so very lucky to have such wonderful, caring women in our lives and I can’t wait for her to join this crazy crew!