With the holiday season upon us I am reminded of the little gem of a recipe my husband and I refer to as “Christmas Crack.” This recipe has been floating around my family for years, and was a staple to bring to various functions throughout my childhood.
While the title has Christmas in it, this salty sweet goodness can be made any time of year, and with colored m&m’s can be tailored to any holiday! (think pink/red for Valentines day, black/orange for Halloween, red/blue for 4th of July). You could even do gold/black to prep for New Years!
It is super easy and great for get-togethers or to package individually for gifts!
Warning though: Snack at your own risk – once you start, it is hard to stop! (hence the crack name)
Here is the recipe, enjoy 🙂
White Chocolate Chex Mix
- 1 package (10 oz) mini pretzels)
- 5 cups Cheerios
- 5 cups corn Chex
- 1 pound M&M’s
- 1 cups salted peanuts
- 2 packages (12 oz each) white chocolate chips
- 3 Tbl vegetable oil
- Mix together the cheerios, chex, peanuts, m&ms, and pretzels in a large bowl until combined and set aside (note I made several batches hence the multiple bowls below)
- Mix the white chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a microwave-safe bowl until the chips are coated
- Heat in the microwave until smooth, being careful not to scorch!
- Pour the melted chocolate over the chex ingredients and gently stir until evenly coated.
- Spread on a parchment-lined cookie sheet to harden, then store in an air-tight container (you may have to break-up some of the pieces).