This weekend we had the pleasure of celebrating the upcoming wedding of our friends Lindsay and Lee!
Lindsay actually went to college with my husband, and through various visits to St. Cloud State and I’m sure some college shenanigans we hit it off and have been friends since! Lindsay met this fantastic guy at work (insert Lee) and they are getting married in Mexico the end of March (yup can’t wait to escape this tundra for a bit to celebrate them and get my tan on!)
To kick-off the celebrations, my lovely co-hostesses and I opted for a brightly colored Happy Hour-themed couples get together. We wanted it to be cute, but still boy friendly so a drinking theme seemed fitting.
Lindsay is that always-there-for-you, ever-so-thoughtful friend so we wanted this party to be extra special for her and Lee! Here are some of the details:
The Invitations: I usually am a Shutterfly gal, but found these cute invitations on etsy and had them sent to Target for printing. We were able to host the party at an apartment party room which was the perfect set-up!
- Tissue Paper Pomanders handmade by Kayla (directions on how to make here)
- Marquee “Cheers to the Hermans” Sign using pre-cut paper from Michael’s makes it way easier!
- His and Her Favorites – a list of the bride/groom’s favorite things about each other written on a chalkboard sign
- Helium balloons with photos of the bride/groom at different stages of their lives
- Photo Booth using a black/gold and a Hawaiian themed back-drop to pull-in the destination wedding!
- Guess the Memory Game: Guests wrote a favorite memory of the bride or groom, and they had to guess who said it. This was an AWESOME game for couples, and got more fun as the drinks were flowing 🙂
- Guess how many kisses in the jar
- Blow-up floating flamingo coasters because who doesn’t need one of those for Mexico?!
- Scratch-off tickets that said “Lindsay and Lee got lucky in love, hopefully you get lucky too”
The Menu: I tell you, with 5 fantastic ladies planning this shindig we did NOT go hungry, lots of good food (I’m probably missing something below :)!
- Ham and Cheese and Cheeseburger Party Sliders
- Wild Rice and Regular Meatballs
- Cheese and Cracker Tray
- Parmesan Ranch Chex Mix
- Rotel Cheese Dip
- Sausage Dip
- Bacon Cheese Ball
- Taco Roll-Ups
- Fruit/Veggie Tray
- Sweet Popcorn
- Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Cups
- Chocolate Browning Pudding Shots (OK these are my new party trick, so good and easy. I added heath crumbles to the original recipe)
It was so fun celebrating the future Hermans and getting the old gang back together. A HUGE congrats to Lindsay and Lee, and we can’t wait until Mexico!
One thought on “Happy Hour Couples Shower”